The Roller Coaster Ride of Being an Integrationist

As a 21st century librarian I spend only half my time in my library space, the other half I spend in classes working in the virtual world. My role is to integrate. The goal of integration is ensure that the same research and literacy skills are taught both through a grade level and differentiated vertically along grades.

Integrationists are not a new fad in teaching but colleagues are often unsure where I fit. The American Association of School Libraries has done it's research. Leading librarian Melissa P. Johnston stated in her work that integration is   "... leading to uncertainty concerning how school librarians enact this role in practice."

Building a shared vision  is a challenge and takes time.

Here's a brief summary of my feeling and thoughts of my journey thus far. Check back in a year to see the differences!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Note-Taking: Print vs. Digital

Analyzing my past through principles of learning